Autumn has come around again and the leaves outside the studio have already started cascading in brilliant colors. The nights are chilly and the breeze is a haunting murmur through the trees—perfect weather for hot drinks and reading a good book by the fire. If you ask Rein, it’s the perfect time to let the muse take over and allow the season to inspire. So, the next month is all about you and what you love to do!
Over the next four weeks, Impluvium Studios will be hosting a contest to see how the autumn air feeds YOUR imagination. Send in your autumn-themed poetry, photography, art, personal reflections, day dreams, and photo-document your outdoor adventures. Unique recipes, crafts, and sculpture entries are very welcome (all you have to do is send a high resolution photograph of your finished work, beautifully displayed). Do you have something in mind that isn’t listed here? New ideas are what the booklet is all about!
The studio’s resident creative anomaly Rein Eire will select the most engaging entries to include in the studio’s 2013 Fall Digital Booklet, which will feature your work alongside other talented artists. The digital booklet will be delivered to you in PDF format, easy to share and send to friends and family.
Do you want a taste of what the electronic booklet will look like? Hop on over to the studio website to view the results of our previous contests: Seasonal Digital Booklets
Guidelines for Submission:
- All entries must pertain to an autumn theme, but autumn can mean different things to different people. Unique perspectives or experiences are welcome: funny, serious, geeky, scary, sentimental, and even existential!
- Make sure your entries are original. Do not use copyrighted sources.
- Remember your audience. Entries should be PG-13, please.
- All photography and art should be submitted at a high resolution; at least 300 dpi.
- Photographs of recipes, crafts, or sculpture should be displayed artfully: that is, make sure to give thought to the background of your images. Consider an outdoor excursion to photograph your entry! Make sure your photos are clear and well-lighted.
- Limit poetry and prose entries to 500 words or less.
- All prose entries selected to be featured in the booklet will receive a minor editorial review to ensure proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If you would like to approve these edits before your piece is featured, please make a note of your request when you submit your material.
- Please include the following information: title of the work (if any), your name (or pseudonym), and (optional) where fans can find you online (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- You may submit as many entries as you like. Featured entries will be selected by Rein Eire.
- All entries must be submitted digitally to email@example.com
- Deadline is midnight, October 20th, 2013.
Happy autumn, everyone!